Friday 24 June 2011

Chocolate Dipped Norwegian Shortbread

It was kind of a brutal week this week, so to make things a bit happier I thought I'd bake something yummy as I haven't been able to bake a lot recently. I also know I haven't blogged for a while, I went on holiday to Turkey (which was amazing) and have been knackered since so I've been a bit lazy.

But here it is...the yummiest biscuit in the world...no joke. We make these in Norway at Christmas time, but to make them a bit more special I dipped them in chocolate and added some fun sprinkles to make them look pretty :) They taste of gorgeous butter, and only has 5 ingredients so they're super easy to make.

Recipe:
330g plain flour
250g butter
100g icing sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
300g chocolate - I used Cadburys...it just felt right for biscuits

Method:
  1. Mix flour and baking powder and sift into a mixing bowl.
  2. Cut up butter and crumble into mixture as well as you can.
  3. Add the icing sugar and mix into a smooth dough.
  4. Roll out into a long sausage about 4-5 cm thick.
  5. Wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
  6. Preheat oven to 180 degrees (160 fan oven)
  7. Remove from fridge and with a sharp knife cut into slices about 0.5cm thick.
  8. Place evenly spaced on a lined baking tray, they don't grow ridiculously in the oven so they won't need a stupid amount of space.
  9. Bake for 12-20 minutes depending on oven, they should just be starting to turn golden around the edges.
  10. Leave to fully cool on a cooling tray.
  11. Melt chocolate over a banne-marie and take the cooled biscuits, one at a time and dip half of it in the chocolate, once you've filled a tray, sprinkle with whatever treats you'd like to use and place in the fridge for an hour to cool.
  12. They chocolate will never be a solid as it once was, but as long as you don't leave them right in the sun you should be fine!
  13. Eat. Nom!!!

These are incredible, I can't put it in to words, but seriously, try them. You won't be disappointed! Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. They sound delicious and sound quite easy to make! Think I might have to a go at these! 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate dipped shortbread is a thing of beauty and a perfect pick-me-up. Love how you've cut the biscuits quite thick - no one wants a thin shortbread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely looking biscuits, a bit of chocolate always makes for a good show ;-) Unusual to put baking powder in shortbread - will have to try it to see what difference it makes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it's quite an interesting recipe for shortbread but it really works, and doesn't rise like crazy, just a little push. Everything should be dipped in chocolate...and no, thin shortbread it pointless, you need a big slab of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment,
I love to hear your feedback! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...