But here it is...the yummiest biscuit in the world...no joke. We make these in Norway at Christmas time, but to make them a bit more special I dipped them in chocolate and added some fun sprinkles to make them look pretty :) They taste of gorgeous butter, and only has 5 ingredients so they're super easy to make.
330g plain flour
100g icing sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
300g chocolate - I used Cadburys...it just felt right for biscuits
- Mix flour and baking powder and sift into a mixing bowl.
- Cut up butter and crumble into mixture as well as you can.
- Add the icing sugar and mix into a smooth dough.
- Roll out into a long sausage about 4-5 cm thick.
- Wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (160 fan oven)
- Remove from fridge and with a sharp knife cut into slices about 0.5cm thick.
- Place evenly spaced on a lined baking tray, they don't grow ridiculously in the oven so they won't need a stupid amount of space.
- Bake for 12-20 minutes depending on oven, they should just be starting to turn golden around the edges.
- Leave to fully cool on a cooling tray.
- Melt chocolate over a banne-marie and take the cooled biscuits, one at a time and dip half of it in the chocolate, once you've filled a tray, sprinkle with whatever treats you'd like to use and place in the fridge for an hour to cool.
- They chocolate will never be a solid as it once was, but as long as you don't leave them right in the sun you should be fine!
- Eat. Nom!!!
These are incredible, I can't put it in to words, but seriously, try them. You won't be disappointed! Pin It Now!