Monday 22 August 2011

Book Review - Kinky Cupcakes

posting will be a bit quiet for week as I have my little brother's birthday coming up and baking it and decorating it will take some time! So I thought I would tell you about a couple of my favourite books.

Both actually were given to me by my brother Joe, cupcake themed of cours. This one is called Kinky Cupcakes , by Joanna Farrow from Octopus Publishing Group - and it's beautiful!





You do need a bit of time on your hands for this one, but it will all be worth it. It's a pretty sexy book and these cupcakes will be great for a party with your friends, hen nights etc.

This is truly a book of indulgence, it's filled with beautiful cupcake cases, decoration exotic flavours. With great cupcake recipes such as Tutti Frutti, Exotic Spice, Red Velvet and even Chocolate Chilli. Think Victoria Sponge no longer and mix things up a bit for exciting cupcake inside and out.

I've taken some pictures of my favourite ones, I haven't gotten around to trying any for myself unfortunately as you need some modeling chocolate or gum paste, which isn't easy to get around here without going online. But I will try to find some cash for the starter kit in my baking wishlist so I can give these a go.


These look so great I think you could easily justify spending a whole day just on decorating, like this Maneater one(top right), they give you instructions on how to make the decoration yourself which actually makes these do-able, and not ridiculously difficult - bonus!

Some of these are quite saucy, it's easily the raciest book in my collection, just look at this Frills and thrills cupcake (left), saucy - but cute! And with the instructions again it isn't too hard to make some ruffles and a bottom, even men will like tucking in to these!

I have to say I love this Hey Suspender one (bottom right), the cut outs are really something I'm getting into at the moment, something 2D really cant make a cake stand, it also means you can use outline pen on them really easily with great effect, this one is again really simple but so effective.

This is by far one of the cutest books I have seen or even owned, and once I'm a whizz with the gum paste I'll happily test a few risque cakes out. I just need the perfect event to make them for, my brothers 5th birthday probably isn't the best time to show them off!

Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. I love beautiful books like that - the artwork looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute book! Look forward to seeing your future creations from here. And your brother's birthday cake which I'm sure will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just bought this book! Can't WAIT for it to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am making some of these for my friends birthday! I will let you know how they turn out!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just to let you know Miss Lombardi, I will be trying to create the 'Frills and Thrills' cupcakes for my friends birthday. Hopefully I'll start them sometime in the very near future =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment,
I love to hear your feedback! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...