Wednesday 14 September 2016

Boohoo Plus - Eliza Peplum Skirt Review

Boohoo is a brand I've not considered before, not for any real reason other than sizing. I did know they did a plus size range but I never really checked it now, now I regret everything.


Payday came and I thought I'd have a little trawl through, I was looking for something particular so this made it a little easier. We were celebrating Roald Dahl's 100th birthday soon after and I wanted to go at the Grand High Witch, of course, because it appeals to my dark little heart. So I wanted a witchy pinup skirt.

 And Boohoo Plus delivered! I spotted this gorgeous little number, the black pencil Eliza skirt with a peplum waist made from scuba fabric which was nice and stretchy. There was an exposed silver zip at the back, I love exposed zips so I knew this would be a winner. What I struggle with when it comes to pencil skirts is that they can be baggy at the bottom, I often take mine in so I really get that hour glass shape. This one was perfect, tight with lots of movement and the peplum was dramatic and I felt really confident in it. I can be a bit aware of my stomach so I often wear tops over my pencil skirts, this is the first one I wore the top underneath and I bloody loved it. Best of all? It was on £12....£12!


I decided to give the skirt a test run at the weekend, I had intended to go without tights but my chub rub shorts were visible through and under the skirt so I put on the old faithful black tights.  I teamed the skirt with a black strap top from Primark, I live and die in these and have about ten. They're lycra ones and I feel like they hold me in a bit and I've had them for years without them falling apart. This is pretty unexpected considering they only cost £3 each. 

Then I added one of my favourite cardis from Collectif in a cherry print, you can't get this style any more but all their cardi's are fab so I suggest you check them out. I have it in this style and a dark green velvet one too which will be great for winter. 

I felt killer in this outfit, I can't wait for summer to go away now so I can rock it a bit more often, I'm not also on the hunt for some more peplum's! 

 
Oh and I also thought I'd play with my hair (excuse the offensive bobby pin).

Until next time. 


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment,
I love to hear your feedback! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...