Wednesday, 5 January 2011

Baby Shower/ 21st Birthday Cake

I recently had an unusual cake order that was a lot of fun, for a baby shower cake/21st birthday cake as the mother to be was having a surprise joint party.

They wanted it really girly and pink and she was expecting a little girl. So I made a two tier sponge cake with pink buttercream icing. The bottom tier was for the 21st, and the top for the baby shower.

I kept it simple and cute, the bottom was covered in white fondant with a pink fondant heart pattern with a 21 in the middle tied round with a pink ribbon.

The top was covered in pink fondant but with white baby feet made out of icing around the sides. On top I made a baby blanket with a quilting tool, letter blocks to spell out baby, a nappy pin and a rattle.

The cake came out super cute and very fitting for the occasion :D Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment,
I love to hear your feedback! Nom! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...