Tuesday 6 September 2011

Girly Cupcakes And Cake Pops

Sometimes I can go weeks with no cakes to make to order, and sometimes the break is nice, this week I have thee to make so the pressure is on!

The first is this, I was asked to make some cupcakes and cake pops for a lady at work for her daughter. I had free reign on the decoration but girly, pink, purples and cute were the main themes. Luckily these are my favourite kind so I had no problem in getting into it. Also her daughter is thinking of having cupcakes at her wedding so it's good to impress!

I do actually have a big wedding cupcake order coming up next month so I will keep you posted but luckily they are also on this theme so it's good to get some practice in.

So first I did the cake pops, I followed by previous cake pop recipe but this time I kept the buttercream vanilla as the outsides were going to be quite decorative. I went with some coloured sugars, ruby red slipper glitter and some lavender coloured chocolate to go on the white base covering.
I think they came out really cute and super girly so I really hope she likes them!

As for the cupcakes I followed my standard cupcake and buttercream recipe which you will find on my blog here just omit extra ingredients such as cherries, cola essence etc. I then coloured the icing with Claret Sugarflair paste and decorating them with fondant butterflies (that I coloured with Grape Violet Sugarflair paste) and cut out with the cutters from my Baking Buys post, I also used pink and white sugar pearls, I tried not to over-do these as simplicity is sometimes a lot prettier.

All in all I am really happy with this girly order and think they will make a great little extra birthday gift :) Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. So how do you bake round cakes to make the pops???
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I roll the cake and buttercream mix into a ball and put it into the fridge to chill and keep the shape x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice..
    It looks very nice.. Kindly share its recipe here also share the way of decorating the cookies..

    Safe Online Games

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment,
I love to hear your feedback! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...