Tuesday 5 May 2015

A Cheeky Weekend In Brighton For The Mothership's 60th Birthday!

We like to go big for birthdays in my family, not like fly to Vegas big BUT we did hope in the VW and head to Brighton for the weekend for my mum's 60th. It's one of our favourite places so it first on her wishlist for places to celebrate the weekend.

 Staying in the same hotel as last time was a no-brainer. We loved Motel Schmotel last time so there was no other option. We had the same room as last time and it was just as great, they're really lovely there and the rooms are nice and comfy and we had a cute little balcony overlooking gardens in the square and a stones throw from the sea and town center, perfect. 


They also do a cracking breakfast and I love the little personal touches they do - check out the eggs! Soz eggs, I'm gonna eat you!! They died. Couldn't resist a few selfies in the HUGE mirror, be rude not to.




A trip down the pier is a must, I know some same it's tacky but I couldn't care less. BRING ON THE TACK! It was nice and sunny so I got all the usual pictures, I love seeing the carousel as the Spice Girls went on it, yes, I'm sad. Get over it.


 We ate ALOT, one of the perks of being away. One night we ate at The New Club, great food, excellent drinks, bearded chef. What more do you want in Brighton? I ordered the pulled pork and some mac'n'cheese. So good, the drinks were on point and it wasn't far from our hotel so we could waddle back nice and full to watch Gogglebox in bed. 


 The Saturday we spent shopping, hitting many, many fabric shops - Brighton is full of them. We also found the new Choccywoccydoodah shop and even managed to get a table in the cafe, it's always full apparently. We had a nose around the cakes and treats..and loo (they have a disco ball! Of course) and then we got a seat right by the action to stuff our faces.

 The cafe is stunning, bright and vibrant and cakes just everywhere. Wherever you go the smell of chocolate engulfs you, but not in a horrible way. Ever seen 'Chocolat' ? It smells how I image that film to smell...if a film could smell. I've had a piece of cake in here before and it's HUGE, so this time I opted for chocolate dipping pots which came with lots of fruit, sweets and a couple bits of cake so a perfect portion really all finished off with a bottle of pink lemonade. 






More shopping had to be done, I found the mothership, Collectif and couldn't be happier really. I got a cute skirt in the sale along with an Erstwilder brooch and saw a couple of faces I've seen on the Instagram scene so a pretty good visit all round. I also sneaked in a Banned cherry cardigan from Snoopers Paradise.


For our last meal we went to Terre a Terre, a vegetarian restaurant which we visited last time. I love me some meat! So it would never normally be my first choice but their food is amazing and you really don't leave dreaming about chicken. I ordered the Lemony Yemeni Relish. 

"Better Batter and Lemony Yemeni Relish 14.95
Soft buttermilk soaked halloumi dipped in chip shop batter, served with vodka-spiked preserved plum tomatoes, bright fresh pea mint hash with pickled quails egg, sea salad tartar and chubby chips, finished with lemony Yemeni relish. Delish with fresh young leaves companion!"


It's just so good, no words. They do incredible desserts too, not to be missed and 
I couldn't resist the churros. 
"Churrosimo (vc) 8.50
Cinnamon sugar spice dusted doughnut straws served with vodka cherries, chocolate and salt caramel sticky dunkers and dippers."

The vodka cherries are gorgeous and leave you with a nice little shot at the end, the salt caramel I would probably eat using my fingers if I was at home it was so good and chocolate, who doesn't like chocolate? God, take me back!



Our last foody stop before we left was Cloud 9, seriously check them out. It's like a unicorn threw up happiness and dipped it in sprinkles. It's how you imagine the inside of Barbie's mind to look - but you can eat it! Their rainbow cake looked amazing but I chose a peanut butter caramel cupcake to takeaway and I ate it at home when I missed Brighton already.  


I love our weekend in Brighton so hopefully we'll be back again soon, so much I 
still want to see, eat and drink!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment,
I love to hear your feedback! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...