Sunday, 21 November 2010
"Millies" Style Cookies Recipe
100g light brown sugar (soft)
130g caster sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1tsp vanilla extract
230g self raising flour
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, gas mark 4.
2. Cream butter and sugars, once creamed add the beaten eggs and vanilla and mix.
3. Sift in the flour and salt. This is where you can add other ingredients such as chocolate, toffee, fudge etc. You have to be careful with high sugar ingredient as they can melt right through the dough and wet ingredients can change the consistency and bake it bake totally different.
4. Roll out onto a slightly floured surface and cut out with a circular cutter. For a more home-made look you can also press them out with your hands.
5. Place on greaseproof paper on a baking tray and bake for 7-10 minutes for gooey ones. Pin It Now!