Friday 19 November 2010

My Best Baking

So this is my new blog, as I seem to have accidently deleted my old one which had alll of my cakey posts on so I shall try to re cap for you guys.

Basically, I have a slightly massive obsession with baking, cooking too but mainly baking, I spend more on oven dishes than I do shoes, so it's pretty serious. I have absolutely no training, in fact I am trained as a journalist so I am mixing two of my favourite things, baking and writing!!

In the last blog I had showcased some of my best baking bits so now I shall do a little bit on each to get you up to speed on what I do.

Right so the first I need to tell you about is the most important..THE brownies. The most epic brownies you will ever eat, of which I will post the recipe shortly. This is what I always get asked to make because they always come out perfect every time, absolutely fool proof. Just a note though...I always practically double the chocolate...you just have to!


Next are the proper cherry bakewells! Had to rummage through the internet to find a decent recipe but finally got one! Adapted a little for my own preference and out came these little beauties! A little time consuming but well worth the effort, and they look great in a cupcake stand!

Moving on we have the ultimate toffee apples. It was fair season and all you could smell was sugar! So after thinking how depressing it was to only get them once a year I made a recipe to show how you can have them whenever you want. These particular ones I made were for a charity tombola and they looked pretty sexy if I do say so myself. Note to self, do not use lollipop sticks dyed with blue food colouring as it sinks into the apples and turns them a funny colour.

The best birthday cake I have ever made is easily the pink princess cake for my friends 21st birthday. It turned out to be my masterpiece and I loved every moment of making it. The bottom tier was quilted with silver balls in the accents, and the top some draping icing, love hearts and icing tassels to make it a bit more fancy. The end result was amazing, especially when I dusted it with shimmer to give it a super girly effect!

Now for the ultimate cheesecake. The baked snickers cheesecake. I was sent this recipe from a friend and it sounded absolutely amazing it was worth a go....it lasted about 5 hours after setting! It didn't stand a chance really it was that good.  I had never baked a cheesecake before...and it took a while to make, bake, cool and then let to set. But it was absolutely gorgeous, a definite must make, will post recipe!

Minnie Mouse cake, this is one of my first commissioned cakes for a little girl's 4th birthday. The brief was that it had to be pink, chocolate and HAD to have Minnie Mouse on. So I did a double layer chocolate sponge with pink buttercream icing. The fondant was baby pink and I made the found out of self coloured icing in the style of making a stencil and piecing the bits back together. I then even piped Happy Birthday round the side in the Disney fondant and finished  it off with a pink ribbon with white polka-dots for the ultimate girly feel.  It was a bit stressful being one of my first...hence the wine glasses (not just mine!)

Princess castle cake. My niece is princess obsessed, so the natural cake for her third birthday was a princess castle cake. A normal two tiered sponge cake filled with again, pink buttercream and iced in pink fondant. The towers were made from thinly rolled white fondant moulded around tubes to keep shape. I then cut out little windows and etched in some brick work to look more authentic. I piped green icing to look like ivy and added a bit of extra detail for windows etc. She loved it and it did look really cute!

Ok this is all for now, so much for you to read already, and I'll start writing up the recipes soon! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment,
I love to hear your feedback! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...