Sunday 21 November 2010

The Ultimate Brownie Recipe

So I'm trying to get my old recipes back online so here is the first one. My brownie recipe is one adapted from a great one I found with a few adjustments. This is easily the thing I get asked to make the most so it must be good...so here it is for you to have a go with yourself. They are foolproof and come out gorgeous every.single.time.



Ingredients:

100g unsalted butter
175g caster sugar
75g light brown sugar (soft)
200g dark chocolate
1 tbsp golden syrup
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
100g plain flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder

Method:

1. Grease and line your baking tin, I recommend a square one as it's not easy to cut them from a round tin.
2. Place the butter, sugars, chocolate and syrup in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and heat gently until it's all melted and smooth, stirring continuously. Remove from the heat and pour into a bowl to cool. You can speed up this process by placing the bowl in a sink filled with some water.
3. Turn on oven to 180 degrees. Beat together eggs and vanilla extract, then whisk in the cooled chocolate mix.
4. Sieve together the flour, cocoa and baking powder and fold carefully into the chocolate mix. It's best to use a metal spoon or a spatula.
5. Now spoon the mixture into your greased tins and bake for 30-60 mintues. I find mine take an hour but it depend how deep your tin is.
6. Leave to cool, cut, eat. Nom! Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment,
I love to hear your feedback! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...