Monday 7 March 2011

Baby Shower - Pregnant Belly Cake

It was one of my friends suprise baby shower last month, and one thing I of course had to make her was a cake! I wanted something a little bit different and even a lil sexy as that is what she is! So this cake was perfect, cute and looked brilliant!

All pregnant women love chocolate, fact. So this cake was made from chocolate sponge, and as she is having a little boy I filled and dirty iced it with baby blue buttercream.

I coloured fondant with Sugarflair's Baby Blue food paste. I added some white fondant to look like edging and ribbon.

To carve the belly I made to sponge cakes and let them rise fully so one had a good curve. I then put it in the freezer overnight so I could then carve the belly smoothly to get the perfect bump shape.

She loved it and we all had good fun eating her cake stomach! Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. How did you make the boobs? I have a small round pyrex dish.... can i use this in me oven?? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has got to be one of the most BEAUTIFUL pregnant belly cakes I've ever seen!!!!! That color blue is SOOOO PRETTY and the curves(shapely belly) is QUITE APPEALING as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment,
I love to hear your feedback! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...