Tuesday 1 November 2011

Las Vegas Giant Wedding Cupcake

So last week the wedding order took up a lot of my time, but I still managed to sneak in a cheeky giant cupcake order of course!

This one was quite different, it was to celebrate a wedding, but the happy couple got married in Vegas! Amazing right? So this was a little celebration cake for them to have when they got back which I think was a really sweet idea so everyone who may not have been able to go got to share in something weddingy.

So of course the theme was Vegas, which was brilliant. There's so much you can do, one thing for certain was that there needed to be the famous sign with 'Danny & Rochell' and 'Just Married',  I'm a little annoyed I didn't leave enough space for one of the names but I just got it in! It was hard to do the sign as fondant doesn't really dry flat but I placed balls of fondant under the ends of the sign and filled it in with buttercream to balance it all out.

I used the lovely Tala squeezey decorating bottles again, I think I may have fallen slightly in love with them! To do the edging of the sign I rolled out a long thin sausage of fondant and sprayed it all over with the Dr.Oetker gold spray, let it dry for a minute and then stuck it around the sign, I used some edible glue just to make sure it really stuck.


I took on the whole Vegas/Gambling theme as it is the main one isn't it but tried not to over-do it. the bottom I did in ivory and laid strips of red fondant and long thin sausages of black fondant around it as it reminded of the colouring of a deck of cards. To tie this in I also made up some bits from the suits of the deck to dot around the side of the cake. I kept the rest of it pretty simple as with the big sign and the stripes on the bottom I didn't want to make it look too full on, it was still a cake for a wedding as such.

To really give it some glamour I tied a big red ribbon around the bottom and gave it a really big bow so it looked more like a gift.

I'm really pleased with how it came out, actually how it was supposed to look!

Sugarflair colouring pastes used: Christmas Red, Licquorice and baby blue.

Nom! Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. You never cease to amaze me. I have yet to try my gold lustre spray and now I'm hearting the tala squeezy bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a tip for you (this is weird me giving you tips lolz). For things like the sign, mix a little pastillage into the fondant and leave it to dry. It makes it go rock solid! Therefore stands up really well or lays 'flat' although you do need to be careful as they it can break easily.

    Good looking cake! Very Vegas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. whats pastillage?? I need it in my life whatever it is! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for making this fabulous cake for me. It looked great and tasted even better :D Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw Thanks! Glad you liked it and congrats!

    Nom! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this cake! It's so different but I love the theme - makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure what it is and the only place I have found it is Ebay but a lady called Ann Pickard uses it! I need to get some myself!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment,
I love to hear your feedback! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...